From:
"Roger D. McMillian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 05:42:58 -0500
Greetings!  This 'Old-Timer' has returned to the 'ferret internet'.  Oh,
I've been around, but I've been spending most of the time on the literary
boards as I'm planning on publishing my first S/F novel in a few months.
Occasionally I'll post to the Yahoo-Groups "Illinois Ferrets" group, but
I recently renewed my subscription to FML and signed on as a moderator
on rec.pets.ferrets, a ferret newsgroup I helped get started back in the
90's.

I was the first webmaster for the GCFA website, and editor of the GCFA
newsletter "Of the Paw".  I also compile and publish the GCFA's annual
show catalog.  I currently have 7 ferrets Wacipi, Trotter, Gussie, Oscar,
Fred, Pixel and Bella (Lugosi).  I'm currently watch-dogging legislation
in Illinois that may effect ferrets.  By now, you've all heard about the
legislation introduced in Chicago that , if passed would ban ferrets (and
a lot of other 'exotic' pets.  We're still watching that one, which was
recently removed from the Committee list for study.  It doesn't look like
it will fly as planned.  It's success or failure will determine whether
or not other Illinois local governments introduce their own versions.

I've been living in Peoria since '99.  I still get up north to visit the
GCFA at Show time (October 18th this year!) hope to be a periodic poster
on FML.

See ya around,
Roger McMillian