From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:59:43 EST
After reading yesterdays post about the person not getting a note stating
that her Christmas goods arrived at the shelter, it got me thinking, is
that me?

I have replied to everyone that emailed me wanting them to let me know
when their package arrived.  But a few packages did not have any e mail
addy and one only has a business addy as a return address and no note
inside.  so please if you have sent something to the shelter kids at 24
Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter, contact me and I'll let you know if your
package has arrived.  If I'm the bad shelter mom in that post, please
forgive me, please do not take it out on other shelters.  Also we do send
out thank yous by snail mail but since my shelter helper who was a big
part of helping me with that is no longer doing that, it will probably be
after Christmas before I get them out.

There is no excuse for not getting a thank you when you help out a
shelter, but I have been guilty of being behind on sending out thanks in
the past.  But please be patient, send another note.  From a shelter
mom's point of view, and I'm not trying to make excuses, things get nuts
from time to time.  I lost mail, regular and e mails.  For example, right
now my regular job is killing me, i'm working 11 to 12 hour days.  I'm
running the shelter and the adoption center just about by myself.  I have
a few awsome helpers but they are busy too, so they help out when they
can and when they do I am so very thankful.  Also I was fighting the flu,
the shelter kids are still fighting the flu, we have lost ferrets to the
flu over the last few weeks.  This is very depressing and when depressed
I withdraw and get behind on everything.  And Meadow had her little
accident which nearly killed me, she is better now but I lost a few
nights sleep over it.  We have over 80 ferrets in house, over 30 in
foster care, and 10 or more in the adoption center at a time.  My first
priority is their care, last Friday it was just my son and I doing cages
and clipping nails, over 80 ferrets and about 50 cages.  We worked from
9am and at 5pm, I couldn't even walk upright.  so please I know shelters
are very grateful for everything they receive, I know i am, but we are
only human and sometimes I get goofy and forget stuff.

Its no excuse, but send the shelter another note, give them the benifit
of the doubt that maybe the e mail was deleted or something came up, like
a sick relitive, or a very sick fuzzie.

And for who ever didn't thank you, i thank you for sending some shelter
ferrets some wonderful Christmas presents.

Also make sure the package didn't get lost in the mail, we had one last
year that never arrived, and to this day the sender and I never knew what
happened to the box.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter