From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:01:16 -0400
>From:    zen and the art of ferrets - bill and diane
>Subject: albinoes and dilutes...

>From:    Paul Ogles <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Albino/Cinnamon- long
>The other day I mentioned that I thought the albino/Cinnamon relationship
>had been clearly worked out.  Bill Killian's response suggested that there
>could be 2 albino traits.

Much confusion:
At a single locus, two possible albino 'methods' OR cinnamon may occupy this
one reserved space but not BOTH.  In an albino, all history of cinnamon is
GONE.

The first 'albino' prevents the production of malenine, the second inhibits
the movement of it to it's final visible location, although it still exists.

True cinnamon, reddish brown, should be separated from Champagnes which I
regard as diluted chocolate.

An albino which produces (TRUE) cinnamons cannot exist, (mutations excluded)
but one can produce chocolates or diluted chocolates (which LOOK kinda
cinnamon).

Gads, my entire reservor of genetic information has been drained ...

Bob