From:
Susan Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:11:38 +0000
Hi All,

I just wanted to pass along 2 funny things.  The first is with Sammie out
"Mild Mannered" ferret (Well he used to be) His new thing is to scratch at
the gate we have to keep them from going up stairs.  It is a baby gate with
cardboard taped on.  Sammie has learned to peal the tape off with his teeth.
Yesterday, Scratch scratch scratch, I got fed up and went to distract him.
All of a sudden he TOOK off, He couldn't decide is he should run or scoot
his butt.  I couldn't figure what could be wrong.  I chased him around to be
sure he wasn't hurt.  Then I heard the crinkle of tape.  HE had pulled tape
off the gate, dropped it on the stair then sat in it.  I didn't mean to
laugh at him, but seeing him trying to run and scoot at the same time was a
riot.  It must have hurt when it came off, he was licking his legs for a
while.  Poor guy.  Do you think he will leave the gate alone now??

Then there is Hugo.  As I was trying to leave this morning.  I am doing the
ferret round up.  I have 4, only Hugo to go.  I was ready to go up the
stairs to look for him.  I heard an elephant running down the stairs.  ( WOW
it was only 1 ferret making that much noise).  Hugo rounded the corner from
the stairs saw me and screamed.  Literally.  All of ours dook, but this time
he screamed a chatter at me.  I must have startled him.  Well I was so un
prepared for a loud ferret I screamed.  Now we were both freaked out.  Hugo
recovered before me and I swear was laughing at me.  That was the loudest I
have heard a ferret not in a fight.  Wow.

Hope all your fuzzies are well,

Sue - Ahhh I'm being attacked by an elephant
Hugo - You better believe it, I'm as strong as an elephant
Sammie - If I break down this fence they will blame it on Hugo
Taos - Play With Me NOW!
Izzy - Meow, I am a cat ferret, Meow
Elbert - This shoe goes here... This sock goes there...

Susan Downey
ACS/Ball Aerospace
(303)939-4686

"What do they think I am, an engineer?"