From:
Melissa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:36:36 -0500
I know this was a worry to a lot of people here when the big SARS
outbreak happened.  And lab tests confirm it: ferrets are just as
succeptible to SARS as people are.  Though cats are more the problem
vector for containing SARS, I know a lot of ferret owners here were
worried that SARS could be caught (and kill!) their ferret, and
apparently their worries were not unfounded.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3225245.stm

:(

[Moderator's note: But please read other posts on the subject today --
the evidence turns out to be pretty poor!  BIG]