From:
"Church, Robert Ray (UMC-Student)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:38:42 -0600
I am planning a short visit to Britain, and possibly France and Germany,
to take some measurements of polecat and ferret skeletons in various
museums.  The trip will only be for a couple weeks, and I haven't yet
decided on the exact dates.  The visit will most likely be in February
or March.

I would enjoy the opportunity to stop and visit ferret clubs, shelters or
individuals on the trip (as much as I can within the limits of taking the
measurements).  I am STILL waiting for permission to enter a couple of
museums, so the exact dates of the visit are still uncertain, but they
should be confirmed within a few weeks or so.

As with all my trips, visits are first asked, first visited, and ONLY
with the understanding that the mueseum work has priority over
visitation.  A visit to England without a chance to see working ferrets
(or even touring one of the naval museums-- I LOVE sailing ships!), would
be a waste.  I will probably rent a car to tour areas of Wales and France
that have abundant polecats, and a local guide to keep me company, help
me find my way, (and keep me on the correct side of the road) would be
very appreciated.

Of course, I also have an intellectual curiosity about trying some of
those eel dishes I have heard so much about....

Bob C