From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:37:47 -0500
>From:    Legalpea <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TRANSFER TO FLORIDA - Is it safe for ferrets in all parts??

About 6 months ago Barbara Ludt, our NE branch shelter operator, sent me
an article about a North or North Central Florida small town that was
considering banning all kinds of animals as pets, ferrets included.  This
was the result of a resident keeping pot-bellied pigs as pets, upsetting the
neighbors.  Whether or not the ban was actually put in place is unknown to
me.  I don't recall the name of the town, but it wasn't even close to any of
the big cities you listed.

That was just one little hamlet and other than that, Florida is a ferret
friendly state.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our web site: http://www.gate.net/~mjanke