From:
Ferret Paws <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 1995 11:26:54 -0500
As pet owners, we all face this problem about finding apartments if you
already dont' own a home.  I have the same problem with my dog, since in my
area, it's reversed : ferrets are ok, but no dogs.

I know of other places that say the opposite, like you had said, about dogs
ok, no ferrets.  But in this case, it is not too difficult since ferrets are
not very difficult to hide.  Hey, many people hide cats in "NO PETS"
apartments, so why can't we hide FERRETs in "PETS OKAY " apartments???  I
think it is the time to get clever, since those anti-ferret people are not
willing to accept ferrets at all in any circumstances, so just don't tell
them you have one (tell them you have a kitten instead!!!!!  hee hee!!!! : )
 ).  --Provided that your ferret is VERY good and do not damage anything : )
 and keep him indoors at all times and if you do want to walk him out doors,
sneak him out to a place far away from where you live!!!   oh, it is also
important that your ferret is spayed to avoid harsh ferret-smells and give
them baths to keep them smell-less. --  I think there shouldn't be any
problem in a pet okay apartment for you to keep a pet ferret.  My landlord
was a little uncertain about my ferrets since few years ago, there was a
person in the comples who had ferret, and the ferret had dug a hole in the
wall, ended up in other apartment and the tenant in that apartment was so
shocked to find a little hole in his wall whith a little nise sticking out in
his room!!!!!  But I had insisted that my ferrets will be in the cage when I
am not supervising, and if they are out, I will keep my eyes on them.
 Landlord was willing to give it a try, and it worked out well.

I do not suggest people to hide a pet in no-pet zone, but if DOG is allowed
in the complex, ferrets shouldn't be a  problem!!!!  Many complexes in my
area treat ferrets as nothing just like rats, and they don't even charge you
a pet fee, or they treat them as cats and charge you the same amount as cats.
 If it's a pet okay zone, WHO ARE THEY TO SAY OUR LITTLE FUZZBALLS AREN'T
PETS!!!!!!

well, good luck to you all!!!!!

Ferret Rules!!!

FP