From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 11:00:51 -0500
To Juliana Paulauskas,

I think you should reread the original post on this subject. SPECIFICALLY:
"some advice given on the FML by non-veterinarians is not always correct.
As a veterinarian, I would HATE to see ferret owners misled by improper
advice. Many of these owners must rely on INEXPERIENCED FERRET VETS who may
take the advice given to the owners on the FML because they don't know what
else to do. Therefore, since you are only a veterinary technician, I think
you should be CAREFUL about providing your opinions and giving advice on
treatment of ferrets..... Please be CAREFUL with the advice you give to pet
owners..."

Obviously you have had some misleading advice from some so called
experienced vets and this has understandably made you angry.  I hope you
have found a truly experienced ferret veterinarian.  What I didn't say in
the original post was that ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE FML was wrong.  I did
say that it was a great resource and I realize that everyone, including
veterinarians, can learn from owners experiences.  I certainly was not
saying that the advice given by non-veterinarians is useless, quite the
contrary.  However, as a conscientious veterinarian, I felt obligated to
point out that people should be CAREFUL when providing advice.  And finally,
I thank Bill for his comments and opinions on this subject as well.  Happy
holidays.