From:
Andrew Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:05:34 -0500
Hi, all.

Has been WAY too long (I probably have about 16 gajillion FML's to go
through, but I'm starting with the most recent so I don't resurrect an
issue that has been flogged to death -- I'm guessing there were some?)...
I must make a personal vow never to neglect my computer this much again.

>From:    "K. Staudt" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Meep
>
>Meep, my male ferret who is almost 3, seems to have a problem.  He seems
>to be urinating more than usual, and also running from litter box to
>litter box.  In addition to this yesterday he just didn't act like he
>"felt" well.

My first guess would be a possible urinary tract obstruction (such as
bladder or kidney stones) or an enlarged prostrate which is occluding the
urinary tract.  Are you sure that he's actually urinating more or just more
frequently?  With an obstruction, a ferret may "go through the motions"
frequently (even repetitively), but actually produce very little urine
each time.

Frequent urination can also be an indicator of adrenal, especially when
coupled with other symptoms -- such as excessive itchiness, increased water
intake, or hair loss, among others -- but just based on your description,
checking out the possibility of an obstructed urinary tract would be a
great place to start.

Good luck and keep us posted!

--Andy and the four Sock Pirates:
  Tripod Bob, Witzy, Oscar, and Cody
  missing Fossa, Socrates, and our little Lily-doodle