From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 11:31:58 +0800
Warning.  Those of you with delicate sensibilities may not want to read
this post.

Two or three times a week my fur kids get defrosted whole day-old chicks
to eat.  I simply scatter the chicks on the front and back lawns when
most of them (28 at present, including rescues and boarders) are playing.
This morning after eating her chick, Biss, one of my 6 month-olds, ran
from the back yard, through the house with another chick in her mouth.
She scaled the brickwork of an elevated garden bed, climbed a
night-blooming jasmine shrub and firmly wedged her chick in the branches.

I have never seen a ferret stash anything in a shrub before, nor have I
heard of other mustelids doing so.  Perhaps other FMLers have heard of
this or have some insight into Biss's behaviour.

It's actually quite a clever spot to hide prized food from other ferrets
because they tend to look for their food at ground level rather than up
in the trees!  It remains to be seen whether or not she remembers where
she put it.

Any ideas?

Love & Dooks,
Shirley