From:
Stephanie Rusk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 07:15:13 PDT
My mom brought up an idea, and I don't know if it would work, or if I would
even try it, but for those that are willing to try anything...you could
have a go.

She has three dogs and they tend to pee on the carpet.  One pees, the other
has to cover it with her own pee, and then the third feels she must cover
it with hers...then the first comes back and the cycle goes like that- baby
gates were becoming dangerous with the large amounts of people that come
in and out.  She got "Scat Mats".  It is a gray mat that lays across the
doorway and plugs in to give off static shock when stepped on.  There are
dummy mats that don't plug in, but the dogs stay off them.  She said to me
"It's too bad your ferrets don't 'know the Scat Mat'"...I laughed and said
they would ignore the dummy mats, and if they got to the electric mat, they
would get shocked, jump backwards all the while cussing at it and then go
back for more.

I don't intend to try it...it has a low setting and feels like a dry static
shock you get in the winter.  I don't know if it would even be effective on
our smart fur-worms...has anyone ever tried these?  It would be great to
not have to close doors or climb over barriers...All I can envision is
Chimi pulling a pillow over to it so he can jump over.  And, I don't know
if it is safe for their weight.

Thanks for any input,
Stephanie, Chimi (I don't need no electro shock therapy) & Pepe (hmmm, I
could use the 4.21 jigawatts to travel back to the future)