From:
KEVIN GELLER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 11:29:49 EST
Hello everyone!

My name's Kevin Geller, I'm finishing up my Freshman year at Montana State
University majoring in Criminal Justice and I'm new to the list.

I don't have any ferrets yet.  It'd be impracticle and pretty irresponsible
I think to try and have one here in the dorm, but I'm getting my own place
next year and I'm pretty psyched about getting a Ferret (hopefully another
if one isn't TOO much for me <grin>).

I've been pondering this question for a while now and its kind of got me
worried.  You see, I live in Alaska and I drove my Dodge Dakota down the
AlCan highway last fall.  There's a really good chance I'll end up driving
back to Alaska in May and If that happens, I'll need to drive back down
again in the fall...only this time (hopefully) I'll be the proud owner of
new kit.  It took us 5 days to get down to Montana last fall.  Does anyone
have any experience with driving long distances with ferrets?  Would a
ferret be ok in a small travel carrier for that long assuming it could get
out to play at night and at stops along the way?  If that's alright...how
big of a carrier does it need?  Dakota's don't have all that much cargo area
in the cab, especially if I have another rider (should've got the extended
cab...should've gotten the extended cab!  :)

Any information would be really appreciated!
Thanks!

Kevin Geller