From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:27:52 -0500
DEAR FRIENDS-

To those ferret loving friends who donated to , or purchased and
donated to The Ferret Wise Ferret Afghan Raffle which was generously
donated by Kat Parsons... THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for sending cards & toys to help our work continue!

The shelter website was enabled to be moved to a new host! Kat can now
update things easily and make corrections etc. that have needed to be
made for sometime! Thank you Kat for rushing to our aid to resolve the
hosting issue.. all so you can volunteer to manage our web site. We
love you!

And the vets office for Ferret Wise received a whopping $590.00 for
vet care for the kids. This will allow us to continue lupron shots for
Blossom and others as needed, and it has helped us deal with ferret
fleas! Yes that is right... I was answering a question from a ferret
care giver the other day about dealing with fleas on HER ferret. We
discussed the most prudent way to eradicate the problem which was
from a guest cat that had arrived over the summer.

Well lo and behold it was not the next day when lovely little Blossom
was scratching.

Being white it was easy to see the culprit.... a flea running along her
back.. ACK! so of course that meant all the kids have to be treated so
we can get rid of these cussid critters! Now I get to practice all the
good information I had passed along in flea erradication! SIGH..

Without your help we could not have even obtained the needed flea
products it was that bad. So needless to say we are ever so grateful
for all the love, support and generosity you have all shown. It has
been a rough year. 2009 Income was a mere $7,000.00, down from $37,500
in 2006. I would say the economy changed greatly. The 2010 income was
reduced greatly as well and with shelter Dad unemployed for 11 mos...
we are just grateful we are still in the building.. there are no
frills, no cable tv, no newspapers here.. but thanks to wonderful folks
in the ferret community, April at Totally Ferret, Kat and more WE ARE
ABLE to continue to help ferrets and their caretakers greatly.

I sure hope the Mom who called long distance last night about the
toenail cut too short was able to get the bleeding stopped up in
good fare.

It is these little things we need to continue to do as well as educate
and care for the hospice crew that help make a difference for ferrets
every where. And ALL OF YOU help us keep the mission alive. Thank you
all from the bottoms of our hearts and the pads on little furry feet!
May you all have a wonderful Thanksgivng & Holiday Season. We have much
to be Thankful for.. even in these tougher times.

Alicia , Hospice Mom & educator
www.ferretwise.org
a 501c3 organization

PS - Holiday Sleeper sets are currently available for the Giving tree
ferrets, and all your special ferrets! - all proceeds benefit our
continued work at Ferret Wise:
http://www.ferretwise.org/fun_general.html