From:
Ed Leiken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 02:54:37 -0700
Well, I saw the song posted last week and could not resist uploading this
song I found on a Grateful Dead bulliten board some time ago...

       Man Smart, Ferret Smarter
                         -Norman Span/Harry Belefonte

Let us put men and ferrets together, see which one is smarter,
Some say men, but I say no, ferrets got the men like a puppet show.

It ain't me it's the people that say, men are leading ferrets astray,
I say, it's the ferret today, smarter than the man in every way,
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
The ferrets are smarted that's right!

Little boy sitting in the corner and cry, big man come and ask him why,
He said "I can't bend like my ferret friends do",
The man sat down and he cried too.

It ain't me it's the people that say, men are leading ferrets astray,
I say, it's the ferrets today, smarter than the men in every way.
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
The ferrets are smarted that's right!

Ever since the world began ferrets been digging in dirt and sand,
But listen boys, cause I've got a plan,
Give it up, just don't try to understand!

It ain't me it's the people that say, men are leading ferrets astray,
I say, it's the ferrets today, smarter than the men in every way.
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
That's right the ferrets are smarter,
The ferrets are smarted that's right!