From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 07:48:37 -0400
Dear Friends,

And I do mean friends - I do not care if you are a person of color, where
you came from, what you do, your sexual preference, what you wear for
clothes or if you color your hair.  You can wear a ring in your nose,
on your hand, or in your ear.  Just stand up for the ferret community.

We ferret people have enough to work for, there is so much
misunderstanding, mistreatment, and abuse out there, we need to band
together and STAY together.

I am with Alexandra in Mass.  ( I was born in Malden and moved to Medford
Mass)  Let it go, if you want to keep that slur pot burning, move it to
the bottom of your poop list.

If you want to call me a Kraut, I'll add the Bratworst and be done with
it, so long as you stand with me, sign the petition, or fund or support
the ferret organizations.  We need warm bodies to support the work we are
trying to do.  If you need to work out your frustrations,make your anger
positive.  Sign up to wash the soiled litter pans at your local shelter.
Take home the soiled bedding, wash, dry and fold it.  Or, send a couple
of dollars to help.

In other words, WORK IT OUT.  After all that washing, and stooping you
may lose a few pounds, THEN the person who offended you will be jealous.

Lets move on together, heaven knows the "other non-ferret people" have
enough to say about us.

Let me close with a true story - our local market had boneless, skinless,
chicken thighs on sale - 99 cents.  I wanted 20 pounds, but there was a
limit.  I could not go back twice because everyone knows you in the small
town.

One lady took her six pound limit, was excited to get them, was behind me
at the checkout, and remarked she was going to bread and fry them.  "How
do you fix yours," she asked.  "Well, I stood tall and said, my crew
likes them just boiled and pureed."  She began turning green, and the
cashier said, she is an animal hospice and has ferrets.

That didn't go over very well.  "Aren't they rodents?" she said.  I said
no they were not, but even if they were, they still have to eat, and they
LIKE CHICKEN.  At my house, we have all happy faces."

I took my package, no I don't need carry out, and left before the looks
killed me.

Marilyn