Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 03:56:26 -0600
OK I don't post often but I am really confused by all this pet store talk.
It seems there are only two types of people posting about this.  People who
think that Pet stores are BAD and breeders are the only TRUE way to go, and
others you think that Pet stores are good and breeders are not all that
great.

I for one know that not all pet stores are equal as are breeders.  There are
several breeeders that abuse, under-feed, and basically don't CARE for thier
animals as are there pet stores that the managers just considers it job and
the animals as simply pieces of furniture.

I mean look at it this way there are people on both sides that TRULY love
the animals and don't care about the money.  But there are people on both
sides that WANT the money and that is the reason they are in the business.
And of course there are the marriages, where a pet store might be getting
several of thier animals through breeders at a lower cost.

For some people pet stores are great, for others breeders are too.  I have
gotten several SMART, BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY ferrets from pet stores.  There is
_never_ any guarentee that your fuzzy or dog or cat will NOT get a disease,
that is up to mother nature, not breeding (now be reasonable here I am of
course not talking about breeders and such that breed brother and sister
pairs).

So my true point is be happy that you have your fuzzy, and don't fret over
where you got it but that you have him and he is happy.

   Dooks,

      Tich & Mortis