From:
Dale Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 23:21:05 EST
Ferret Owner,

    The National Ferret Registry is a national organization, located in the
State of California, devoted to the promotion and protection of ferrets.
The staff of the NFR are all professionals from within the animal care and
control field.  We are in no way affiliated with the CA Dept. of Fish and
Game or any other anti ferret group or organization.  It is our goal to once
and for all get ferrets legal in all of the states that currently ban them.

    We have been getting alot of response from our internet postings
regarding our organization.  Some good and some negative.  We like to think
of ourselves as being an open minded group of professionals, so we have
taken each and every recommendation and/or complaint and have decided to act
on many of them.  Here is what we have come up with:

    Complaints regarding our charges:

    Some have complained that we charge way to much for our services, so we
have thought about it and have decided to limit what we offer and let you
decide what you want to pay for.  Our purpose is to collect data on ferrets
and their owners, so anyone wishing to participate by providing use with
some information only may do so by simply requesting an application (one per
ferret owned, so let us know how many you need) and there will be no charge.
You won't get anything except a thank you letter.

    Those wishing to have an official registration certificate package may
request an application just as above, but you would then submit a $10.50 one
time fee to cover the costs of printing the certificates and s/h.  The
certificates are professionally done and have our official ferret foil seal
on them.  They are nice enough for framing and soing off to your friends.

    We will no longer offer the booklet and will add only those which
request it, to our legislation support group, which helps us in our goal of
getting ferrets legal in the few remaing states.

    For more information, please contact the NFR at:

                The National Ferret Registry
                P.O. Box 4815
                Garden Grove, CA  92642-4815
                E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]