From:
Judi Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 09:38:05 EDT
Hi, its Judi in Virginia checking in.  First let me say that I do so
enjoy reading all the posts, hearing the fur kid stories which bring both
joy and laughter, and sometimes tears of sadness, & sympathy too.  It
truly brightens my days, that is the ones when I have time to read all
the posts anyway!

I want to ask you knowledgeable folks if you have any ideas, suggestions,
etc., in regard to my smallest Fur Kid, Precious.  You may remember I
lost a tiny, dark eyed white little girl named Miss Baby a few months
back, well Precious came to live with me so I could quit crying over
Baby, and its worked too.  She is a tiny thing, another little dark eyed
white girl, who fits her name perfectly.  Well, maybe too perfectly??
She is so much calmer and quieter than her big brother and sister,
Jamie & Jennifer, my sable 7 month old kits.  Or are they still kits, -
what is the age when they officially are "grown-ups" and no longer kits
anyway?

But, back to Precious, she is beginning to worry me more & more, and I'm
wondering if any of this sounds familiar to anyone.  Her digestion has
never been great, after meals her little tummy always rumbles and
gurgles, and I can feel her ribs, -- too well I think.  She is still so
tiny, & I've had her about a month now.  She usually has loose bowel
movements too, not really diarrhea, but neither does it look totally
normal, But being fairly new to the "Fur Kid Obsession", I don't really
know for sure what is normal either...

I got my first two last December, but they are surely a lot bigger,
fatter, and more active than Precious is.  She is almost too sweet to be
real, you know?  But the vet didn't really see anything wrong with her
when I took her in for her first shots, what do you guys think?  Am I
overreacting, is this something I should just watch, or should I take
her back or to a different vet?

Thanks
Judi