Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:22:27 -0700
As you can tell from my signature, I run an animal shelter with a
diverse groups of critters.  I have a lot of love and respect for ALL
of them. :-)

A few weeks ago we took in 5 baby mice and sat them on a counter, next to
the house of my ferret, Freddy.  Eventually one of the baby mice decided
he didn't like living with his 4 rowdy brothers and wanted to venture out
on his own.  He was such a little tyke and he wiggled and waggled until
he managed to get out through the cage bars and was finally ready to
begin his adventures.

The problem was, that there was only a limited amount of counter space.
So when I discovered he was gone, and couldn't find him on the counter,
I assumed he'd found his way down, from the four foot high counter to
the floor.  Setting a humane trap on the floor didn't locate him.  But
we have so many nooks and cranny's that I was sure we'd snare him
eventually.

This morning he was found.....sharing Freddy's nice cozy towels and
hammocks!!!!  They appear to be best buddies.

So much for the "natural instinct" of our domestic ferret friends.

Sandi :-)

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org