From:
Arlene Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:07:58 -0400
We recently installed a pet door so our elderly dogs could come and
go as they pleased. The door is in the same room as the ferrets. My
husband was in the room on his Play Station. He asked me to let Pip out
to play. Pip was asleep in his cage so I scooped him up and placed him
in the chair beside my husband. What I forgot to do was block off the
pet door. A short time later my husband thought,'Where's Pip? He hasn't
been over to bug me'. He looked around and noticed the pet door is
open. He shouted for me to come help him find Pip.

We were about 99% sure he'd gone outside, but searched inside first.
Our dogs were asleep in the living room, the cats asleep on my bed and
the soil in my potted plant in the bathroom hadn't been "tilled."  We
started search outside, armed with squeaky toys, looking in and under
everything while calling, "Pip! Pip! Our neighbors will never want to
hear his name again. We searched for a long time to no avail. 'Where
is that little devil,' I wondered. My husband said, "Don't worry. Hes
smart. It wouldn't surprise me if he came in the same way he went out."
I was skeptical, but didn't rule it out.

Shortly after we came inside, that's exactly what Pip did. He bounced
back in through the pet door as if as if he used it every day. I was so
relieved that I couldn't scold him (not that Pip would have listened or
cared.) I was too relieved and proud of him for coming back on his own.
From now on, we will see that the door is secured *beforehand*. Never a
dull moment with a ferret in your life...

--
Love, light and healing,

Arlene Thompson
Reiki Master/Teacher