From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:00:32 -0500
Hi FML!  This is Elizabeth, daughter of Bonehead Bob (AKA Dumb Dad).  Dad
asked me to post this for him.  (sorry dad for letting the cat out of the
bag)
****

Hey guys,

Some of you have noticed I haven't been answering much mail, apparently so
much that I got a concerned phone call today about it.  I *am* alive.  I
only smell dead.  I was told that a tiny handful of FMLers are concerned
about my health; why I don't know, but I was told if I didn't let people
know what was going on, the caller would, if not on the FML, then in other
methods.  Since I hate rumors, I've reluctantly agreed, so please no more
calls or emails on the subject, ok?

Truthfully, I have a problem with my immune system (an autoimmunity problem
triggered by a pissed cow doing the Mexican Hat Dance on my stomach a while
back) and for the last week I have been taking some pretty good doses of
methotrexate and sulphasalazine, as well as hiding from most people (not
going to school until my basophils and eosinophils get back down to their
normally-elevated levels) so I don't get sick during the treatment, not that
the treatment doesn't make me sick enough as it is.  As Elizabeth has
blurted to all at the beginning of the summer, I need a surgical procedure,
but until the autoimmunity problem is controlled, it would be a waste of
time.  So the docs have been filling me full of poisons, I am having all the
metal in my mouth replaced with ceramic, and will have some minor surgery to
remove some bullets and shrapnel picked up during my former lifeway (a
get-the-lead out strategy).

I have not been reading much of the FML (or anything else) but have been
keeping up the pretense by having Elizabeth post for me from my backlog of
questions and answers (which is now sort of low).  She has also been typing
in some mail for me, and helping with the ferrets.  Of course, she has
stolen my car for the duration...

The bottom line is I will be basically offline for the next week, mostly
because a side effect of the drugs (for me) is blurry vision (believe me,
there are others not as pleasant....) I can get a few mails done, but get
nasty headaches from the vision thing, so don't get in a snit (sic) or
anything if it takes me a while before I answer.

There, that should take care of my fan club.  This might be a pain in the
butt (ho ho) but don't hold a Bobs-off-the-FML party yet.  I plan on being
horribly obnoxous for quite some time.  Besides, I haven't made Bill's life
hard enough yet.  (I think he owes me a beer.  Naw, I think I owe him a
couple for taking him on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.)

Bob C and the 20 Mo Laughing Ferts