From:
Mattias Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:53:22 +0200
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Human Childproof Latches
>I, like lots of ferret owners, have tried the human childproof latches on
>my kitchen cabinets.  If you've ever used these, you know that the cabinet
>door will pull out several inches......they aren't flush with the cabinet,
>allowing any little critter through the opening.  We've lost Trixie in our
>cabinets SO many times because of that.  Now we have the tight prongs
>screwed into our doors. :)

Here in Sweden we have some other options.  One of them is a Velcro strip
"thingie".  About 2 inch wide and maybe 8 inch long.  You attaqch it with
industry grade double sided tape with Velcro on one side and tape on the
other.

It works great, both for kids and fuzzies. You guys should have seen the
look on Simbas face when we change from the type he could open to the
Velcro type.  Muahaha :)

We have used it on different objects (doors, wood, glas, metal and such)
for the last 6 years, and have never had a problem with them. The only
problem might be when you attach it to a door and forget about it in the
middle of the night. It always surprises me that the bathroom door is shut
tight when I get up at night :)

/Mattias