Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 08:04:52 EDT
A great huge bursting @#$Thank You@^&

to many people who took time out of their very busy day to write advice
urgently needed and to say a prayer for Buffy. I have learned a great
deal about ferrets that are on non stop, never ending attack mode.
There are a large number of people on the FML who have taken in one of
these animals. If not someone who cares enough about ferrets to be on
the FML, then who?

Although this is not an animal to be around babies or children or
an impatient person without an odd sense of humor. Not in my humble
opinion.

There have been Three tiny miracles thus far.

One morning Buffy had the choice of going through a tube or coming
after me. She chose to go through the tube first....then attack me.
LOL. (See what I mean about odd sense of humor. )

Yesterday she caught me about to enter the bedroom to clean. She stood
first on one side of the vacume cleaner peering up at me. Then she
went to the other side. She looked up at me and paused again. Then....
unbelievably...she trotted back into the room. (!!!!!!)

This morning, I opened her cage that is covered in dark colored
blankets, checked her poops color, and out she came to bite me. I
got her, held her with her face forward, pet her and kissed her, and
carried her into the kitchen where the others were slurping their
soups. I set her down in front of a bowl and quickly backed off.

She did not want soup. BUT...she also did not chase me to bite me!!
Unbelievable!!!

Understand that at all other times...she has been in steady psycho
need of attacking me and shoes.

But here are three tiny miracles in less than 2 weeks. It means that
there is great hope for us.

I will write more later. I am off to work. Thank you all so much. There
is a saying...A problem shared is a problem cut in half. I was raised
to keep my problems to myself. You did not speak of problems ever to
anyone. It made my mom crazy. And for years, it made me crazy. A
problem shared is a problem cut in half. Remember that. It is a major
truth in life. Really private truths eating at you must be shared only
with a person you know you can trust.

I listened to you when He Who Must Not Be Named was brought home. He
was destroying cords, plastic, and metal. I had sparks flying out of
my lamp cord. Boy, was that frightening.

I was able to provide a home for him due to your advice. I went out
each day kind people on the FML wrote to me of what to purchase, and
did it. I spent 3 days of vacation time wrapping all the cords here,
and moving things he was destroying. He is still teething on my fingers
as though I am his mommy and he is a baby. He has not lost his need to
chew on everything. But we appear to be safe now.

THANK YOU.
Lisette