Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 22:14:13 -0400
Hello readers!

We had a wonderful time and turnout for the Ferret Wise Re-Union Picnic.
More than 100 folks and more than 60 ferrets came out from surrounding
states and enjoyed the company friends and ferrets at a family reunion
style afternoon event with games, contest, prizes, picnic lunch and more.
Some points worth commenting on:

The furthest traveled ferret (and her family) was a gal by the name of
Sierra who came for Harrisburg, PA for the days event.

The eldest ferret in attendance was Jazmin at age 5 1/2 years.

The best ferret tattoo modeled by a human was sported by Linda Ricard Mom
to 5 adopted ferrets -she modeled  a portrait of her first ferret Razcal
(blaze) on her leg!

The best camp site at the tent city was constructed by Katie Johnson (owned
by four adopted ferrets) - with a Christmas holiday theme!

Dr. Karen Purcell enjoyed the afternoon with us all and even won one of
five new cages at the raffle / auction event!

The days event raised funds for Ferret Wise Shelter and Ferret Services of
Freedom.  We thank everyone who was able to attend.  Please consider
joining us again next year!