From:
MICHAEL DENISE CUMMINGS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:23:27 +0000
Hi all!!!
I was scooping poop and feeding the dookers tonight and felt a little
overwhelmed.

hmmmmmmm.  I was thinking of what this week entailed which is a lot and
how we were going to get everything done here at the shelter (Denise's
Delightful Dookers Ferret Rescue).  Then I thot of the other shelters
that have to be feeling the same way at times.

(I was also thinking "how did we get into more debt?"  We just got a
very nice running used truck My hubby and I are buying it right now
and later on will be donating it to the shelter.  This truck is REALLY
needed....for lots of reasons.)

Getting back to "overwhelmed".  Feeling overwhelmed can be very negative,
or can help a person learn and continue on.  I am feeling both right now.
I wouldn't trade loving on or helping these wonderfully precious dookers
for anything, but sometimes at night (round the clock for that matter), I
know that a lot of the shelter owners feel "overwhelmed".  If it wasn't
for the fantastic volunteers that come and help we'd feel "buried" and
possibly "buried 100 feet under".

So many people send precious e-mails and "ferret packages" and help in
soooooooooo many ways that mean a whole bunch to the shelters.  I have
another idea that I'd like to "throw out" there for all, that I believe
would be a BIG help.

I know I would REALLY appreciate it if those of you who believe in prayer
would take a day and just be praying when you think about the shelter,
the directors, the ferts, the volunteers, and the adopters, FML director,
all of those that stand beside the shelters financially, those giving
discounts and whomever else you can think of.  All have lives that
intertwine around "ferrets" and we all have times when we are
"overwhelmed".....and it doesn't have to be with taking care of the
marvelous dookers.  It can just be life.

To me this is so positive and the most powerful tool we have---prayer.
When we are at the end of our rope, need guidance, just need to talk,
prayer is talking to God who really cares.........WOW.  How positive is
that!!!  Very.

Anyway, I appreciate your patience and understanding and hope you don't
get overwhelmed with this e-mail, but I wanted to let you know that your
prayers mean a lot and help me (as I am sure other shelters & directors
as well) deal with so many things that come our way.

*******Hey, I didn't hit anyone up for a donation**********
(But if you'd like to--the shelter(would be most grateful!!!!)

Have a 'ferret' day.   denise
www.washingtonferret.com
253-797-9115  Shelter Phone
"It isn't that they don't care, it's that they don't know"
Paypal    ([log in to unmask])