From:
Jan Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:57:36 -0400
I have a question, that I hope someone has either been through or has
heard of something similar and might have an answer for me.  I'd even
appreciate any suggestions, that might help.

I have this little ferret, that was brought to me from the police.  He
weighted 1 lb 8 ozs.  I have no information on what has happened or what
all this poor baby has been thru.  I won't go into details of what I have
tired or done at this point.  The problem is this little guy will not
eat.  I had him with me for 4 days and force fed him, Monday I took him
to the vet and he has been there all of this week.  He is re-hydrated now
and feeling much better.  But still will not eat.  His bowels are black
and thick.  The blood culture came back Negative.  He has been force fed
all week.  The vet thinks he has a ulcer from the stress of being lost
and out on his own.  But nothing else is showing up and we have no ideal
of why he refuses to eat.  We have tired everything possible, including
things he should not have, but anything just to get him to eat.

I'm going to pick him up from the vets to stay with me for the weekend.
Please anyone with any ideals, send them to me so I can try to help him.

Thank You so much,
Jan Nelson