From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:05:09 -0800
Dear Mary and Eric,
After reading much debate over the FmL regarding issue 24, I hurridly
opened my copy when it finally arrived.

I do have to admit that even though my rational mind knew that this was a
staged photo, I stomach none the less lurched when I saw the photo.  I
trully understand that this was done in the spirit of Halloween, but might
I humbly ask that in the future this kind of photographing not be included
in the magazine.  I consider myself very open minded and liberal and I
believe in freedom of expression.  But with all the crazy loons out there
doing all sorts of unspeakable things to many different types of pets,
these pictures brought very visual remembrances of some horrific things
that have been done to torture and abuse ferrets.  Many of these things
have been read about on the FML or forwarded from someone who lives in the
area of the offending incident.

I do not however intend on cancelling my subscription as many others have
threatened to do.  Your magazine provides to much of a wealth of
information and 99.9% of the time I read it from cover to cover.  I will
just remove the picture that I myself find offensive and read the rest
cover to cover.

Sincerely,
Diana Ashton and The Ferret Farm