Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 94 16:02:25 EST
To Morgan and Klinger:

>All this buzz about flea collars.  I wanted to ask you about the PetGaurd
>Herbal flea collar that I posted about last issue.  This collar contains no
>pesticides.  It is impregnated with natural insect repellent oils that
>smell nice and have caused no irritation or redness on Klinger's neck.

        Well, I'd have to know what exactly is in it to give you a precise
answer, but most of those products aren't especially good at repelling fleas.
But as an adjunct to other types of treatment, it may help and certainly doesn't
seem to be eating.  The only thing I worry about is Klinger either a) eating it,
or b) getting it caught on something and hurting himself.  And its presence may
afford both of you some extra peace of mind, which certainly doesn't hurt....

       Bruce Williams, DVM                 Department of Veterinary Pathology
       [log in to unmask]         Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
       (202) 782-2600/2602                 Washington, D.C.  20306-6000