Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:12:47 -0400
You guys - listen up here.  Dr. Seuss could handle the other issue
regarding food - but this "Bash the Shelter" & "Bash The Person", has
gotten closer to Jerry Springer, than Dr. Seuss.  i've just been waiting
for a fert to raise his furry shirt and jiggle his chest at me!!  In all
honesty - this crap is out of control and it has become pathetic.  I
wanted to start crying when I read the FML today.  Does anyone out there
know the number of posts that started out, or ended with: "Please don't
flame me"....??  Shame on each and every one of you that have made
someone feel miserable - just to "cure" your own insecurities.  What on
earth have we gotten ourselves into here?  Now we are so afraid of being
"bashed on" - that we have to either prefix, or suffix, our posts, with
"please don't flame", or the like?  Or - we can go the other way - and
look at how many people have been driven away - by someone's nasty
pathetic cat claw swipes.  It just amazes me that there are folks out
there, that feel the need to incessently say nasty, mean things to other
people here on the list.  Does it make you feel "bigger", or "smarter",
when you rip someone to pieces?  I am including the "sideways" jabs that
some folks give out too.  Your no better than the outright flamer.  Just
perhaps, craftier.  We ALL have bad days.  But not all of us are going to
go on and on about something that has been tossed around six ways from
Sunday - without an agreement, and then, just as it is calming down -
take ANOTHER jab at "reviving" it - all just to HURT a fellow FML'er or
Shelter person.  How many times do we have to say PLEASE CUT IT OUT,
or TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE - before everyone will listen?  You know - I
realize we are not all going to agree on all things.  And I realize that
not everyone is going to "like everyone" else.  And I realize that I
am not perfect either - very far from it.  And YES, I've made MY share
of MISTAKES TOO.  Least I can admit to it when I am wrong.  If you've
ever been "publically" bashed, it is difficult not to "reta liate" -
or to "show everyone that you really didn't do it.....", etc.  But you
don't have to convince us "it isn't true".  You don't have to "defend"
yourself - publically to us at all.  Your being a fuzzy Mom or Dad - is
all we need to know, unless your behavior or actions could potentially
harm/kill one of our furry little friends, or one of us - then it is none
of our business.  I don't want to know your life story - how long you've
been a "good" shelter person, or the like.  I know that if I am doing
business with you, or going to do business with you that if I don't
research you first, then it is "shame on me", if something goes array,
not shame on you.

To the shelter/people bashers: THINK before you TYPE.  Ask yourself this:
Is what you say, going to affect a life/death situation, for a fuzzy or
a hooman?  Can you prevent that situation, by "bashing" a shelter or
person out there?  Is there a nicer, perhaps shorter way, to address the
situation?  If not - then don't post out here.  Stop trying to purposely
"jab" - to "get back" at someone your angry at.  Whether or not you like
the shelter - isn't something we need to hear about!!  If you don't like
them - then don't go to them, don't donate to them - whatever.  If you
want to "bludgeon" someone to death - then please, by all means do so.
JUST NOT HERE ANYMORE!!!  Quit trying to make YOUR problems, or issues
OUR problems and issues.  There are still some people (newbies AND
oldtimers) out there, and you know who you are - that keep this crap
going on - and we grow very tired of it.  To the Newbies - learn a
lesson - to the Oldsters - shame on you.  Take your fights SOMEWHERE
else.  Stop making people feel that they can no longer use this list, to
get information about their fuzzies.  Stop making everyone worry, what
YOU are going to do to them - if they say ANYTHING against YOUR
principals, or beliefs.  Stop running people off the list.  Some of the
people we have lost, are the ones that have some pretty durned important
experiences that they could/did share with us - and we ran em off.  Stop
with the outrageously long "copy/pasted" bullshit too.  We're tired of
that too.  WE know what was printed the day before - there is no need to
"repeat" - and then address the things YOU don't like.  The ONLY point
your making - is that your hot headed person, who cannot, or WILL NOT
control your temper.  Someone that is unwilling, or doesn't want to
conform, or even try to understand other peoples needs, and/or lives.  If
you don't like someone - and feel the need to tell them that, then EMAIL
THEM PRIVATELY.  Stop publically humiliating them.  There's no need for
that.  Trust me, I've been there, done that.  Lost the shirt.  Keep in
mind, you get what you give in this world.  What goes around, eventually
comes around.  I'm no innocent either - BUT the ONE difference I DO
claim - is that I do my best, NOT to hurt others.  I try as hard as I
can - to be fair minded.  I try super hard to balance out mercy, with
justice.  I have been typing this email for 3 days now.  So, yes, I
thought it through guys.  I know I'm not perfect.  And I know I have alot
to learn.  I know also - that there will be those of you, I have
offended, even though I tried not to.  To you I say: It is up to YOU
whether you CHOOSE to be offended though.  I can't MAKE YOU FEEL
anything, if you don't give me permission to.  Keep that in mind.  NOONE
can do that for you - only you.  And remember people, time heals all
wounds, and time wounds all heels.  Think on that for a while kids.  And
let's get back to basics here.  And for Gosh Sakes, anyone wanting to
beat the sh*t out of me - email me.  I will gladly allow you to remove
the skin off my back with your whip, so long as it isn't wasting space
and time, on our FML.

Kim in Her New Suit of Armor, and her Ferrety Army of Idiots (**picture
all the furries in their own little armour suits, each riding their very
own cat*)

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....