From:
Crystal Helton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:39:33 -0600
I have been "lurking" for a couple of weeks now, but I now just have to
share a story with all of you.  Amanda please read!

A little background.....I live in a house with one 1 1/2 year old ferret
(Stinky), a 7 week old chocolate lab (Rolo), and my fiance (Chris).  Chris
is not an animal lover.  He had too many pets as a child and doesn't like
the work or the money it takes.  I on the other hand adore animals, all
shapes and sizes, and can't stand going home to a house with no fuzzy
babies.  Opposites attract!

2 years after living together, he finally gave in and bought me a ferret
for Christmas.  It was supposed to be a low maintenance pet.  Ha!  After
many trial and errors, we figured parenting Stinky out and she is a great
healthy ferret who never bites.  She is my snuggle bunny!!

Recently I started up my animal thing again and to my surprise Chris
agreed to a dog.  And Rolo appeared.  No more ferrets! :-(  Stinky is
just too much trouble for him and we don't need double trouble.  His words
not mine.

Now to the story, last night I pulled Stinky out from under the chair
where she was sleeping and handed her to Chris.  I left the room to do
something.  I returned to the most beautiful sight in the world.  Chris
was lying on the couch with Stinky cradled on his chest and the pup lying
beside the couch.  Stinky was sleeping that sleep that only ferrets do.
I watched silently as Chris loving stared at Stinky and whispered "I love
you".

Does it not bring tears to your eyes?!?  Men can surprise you at times.
lol.  Amanda, I hope you figure out what's best for you and your family
(human and non).  I just wanted to show you that ferrets can steal even
the most hidden heart.  Chris would have never known the joy a ferret
could give him.  Now our family has grown and we laugh daily at the antics
of these two.  Maybe your husband will come around but maybe he won't.
Just give all the love you can give and spread it around to all creatures.
Sorry it was so long but you needed the info to understand why this was so
important.

Thanks for your time,
Crystal, Stinky, Rolo, and Chris (somewhat reluctant)