From:
Heather Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 13:13:03 -0500
Ruth Ann raised a good question yesterday about males not being perticular
about litter boxes as females.  I was wondering, because we just got Samson
a few weeks ago. He is very difficult to train, and Abi, our female, was
easy as pie!  I have come up with my own little hypothesis about
this...(and please forgive me if this sounds crude) I think that because
the males genitals for urinating are not in the same place on their little
bodies as where they poop, they may not be reaching the litter pan if they
only have to urinate.  Does that make sense?  In our case, we have litter
only in a corner pan (shaped like a triangle), not covering the whole floor
(for that we have a lovely collection of old towels).  So when Samson
climbs in the pan to go, he scootches his little behind in the corner, but
he still ends up urinating on the towel because his body is too long.  Once
in a while he stands sideways (corner to corner), but rarely.  Abi (our
female) scootches her little behind in the corner and goes, and it all
lands in the same place!

We've decided bigger litter pans are in our future since it's obvious
Samson is going to be way bigger than Abi and her tiny pans aren't gonna do
it for him.

Enough on that subject (how embarassing!)

Heather & Conrad, Abi & Samson.