From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:26:49 -0600
I just wanted to mention that I think Sandee's-little-helper is doing a
great job.  I just hope that I do not have t call on her anytime soon for
introductions.  I told myself I would not do this, but I don't know if I
ever made my peace with Wheezer or Pym.  I took guardianship when I was
quite a bit younger and tried to keep them like a dog or a cat.  I just
did not know anything about ferrets, there were no good vets around and
"Ferrets for Dummies" wasn't even an idea at the time.

Wheezer left this life because of an overzealous (and large) puppy and a
sitter who knew less than I did.  I remember her mostly because she was
my first and LOVED running up pant legs.

Pym was a rescue I paid $50 for at a flea market in the Texas summer.
She was a biter but she had the run of my room.  She loved to sleep in my
motorcycle helmet.  she was a wild dancer and used to keep me laughing
for hours.  She lost all of her fur and three vets could not identify it.
I was leaving the country soon, do I had no choice but to take her to the
local humane society (in Fort Worth off Lancaster) I was told because she
was sick, she would probably be put to sleep.  I like to think maybe a
ferret rescue was operating at the time and pulled her from the jaws of
death, but I'll never really know.

I know you are busy with new introductions, but I would really appreciate
it if you would please find these little ones and let them know how much
I loved them and still miss them.  I wish things could have been
different.

James, Melissa, Kassidy & Jasmine
Loving:  Bebe, Riley, Fred & Max
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako