From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:56:15 -0400
Larissa:
>is this bad for them?...can the little guys fall in?<

Yes, they can fall in when you are not "looking".

>other feret owners have experience with this?<

See a pic of my Gina on the toilet at http://www.phy.duke.edu/ferrets/

I have two girls, Chipper & Gina.  Gina is the only one that would climb
into the bathroom trashcan and straddle the toilet seat for a slurp.  I
removed the trashcan due to many FMLers warning of the danger of her falling
in (she is a free-roamer).

Before the toilet cocktail, she used to climb onto (by way of the electrical
cords plugged into the wall outlet) the 55 gal.  Oscar fish tank.  My
greatest fear, while at work, would be for her little toe nail to get stuck
in the outlet and get shocked.  Somehow she quit climbing the tank on her
own.  Thank goodness.

Just my experiences...Shari
http://www.phy.duke.edu/ferrets/