From:
Suzanne Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:50:57 -0600
Today...it is raining in my heart.

I haven't been able to post, it is so hard to see through the rain.  I
think I'm ok and I think too much and it pours again.

My Little Old Man Yuri is sleeping under the big sycamore tree in our new
back yard.  He was left at a pound because he was too old to play like
the young scooters and hoppers.  We met Yuri at one of our ferret club
meetings and he just had to come home with us.  The club and I had been
told he was 3 or 4 when we got him, but my vet said he was more like 5
or 6.  He has been with us for almost 2 years so he was probably 6 or 7.

Yuri was a sweetie with an adorabe face and would give me a face bath
instead of kisses.  He had gastric ulcers and an enlarged spleen which
both were kept under control believe it or not with 2 small doses a day
of maximum strength pepto bismol.  He loved his chicken gravy because
kibble hurt his teeth and made his tummy upset.  He went downhill
Thursday evening, and I couldn't hardly get him to eat or take fluids.
He was telling his mo mmy that he was tired and that he needed to sleep.
He lost the use of his back legs and his body functions later that night.
I had him in a little box beside my bed so I could keep him clean and
warm and comfy through the night with several bedding changes.  The girls
and I had already discussed letting him rest if he made it through the
night.  He went so quickly after the nice vet checked him out and gave
him the shot.

I have had cats and dogs all my life, but I never dreamed how much these
little creatures latch on to a piece of your heart.  Goodbye my sweet
little long man, your mommie loves you and misses you very much.

Suzanne, Sarah & Lizzy
Sadie (0.0), Cebo (o.o) Razz-Mimi-Taz (*.*) Mitzi (~.~)Rascal (^.^)
Honey ('.') Teddy (<.>) Bear ((.() and savage Sable (O.O).
missing my little Sparkles (-.o), and my old man Yuri (-.-)
Stop by and visit the Ranch for a spell
http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/namachar2/The_Fab_Fuzzbutt_Ranchers.html