From:
Mary Jo Bright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:24:08 -0800
Hi!
I a have a ferret that makes this weird sound while eating and I am a bit
worried.  He will be eating along- crunch, crunch crunch then he makes
this weird sound that kind of sounds like he is chewing on a rubber band
or something.  It is that yang yang yang sound (it reminds me of when we
were kids and we would chew on rubber bands to irritate our siblings
*lol*)then right back to crunch crunch crunch.  He is eating Path Valley
kibble.  He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.  No head shaking or
turning.  Sometimes he just keeps his head in the dish.  I have inspected
his teeth, gums and the roof of his mouth and smelled his breath for
uglies.  Nothing unusual that I could detect.  The only strange thing is
that his mouth opening is MUCH smaller that the other ferts.  His yawn is
about one third less than they other ferrets.  He is a stout healthy boy.
He is a MF male and is a May 2002 baby.  None of the other ferrets seem
to have this problem.  Also, he does it every time he eats not just
occasionally.  I didn't raise him.  I adopted him in mid October and he
has been doing this at least that long.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mary Jo Get