From:
Kim Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:04:43 -0600
Thanks so much to all who sent me advice yesterday.  And today - we have
good news.  I finally got smart, called back the clinic - and got a vet
who knew what the hell she was talking about.  She explained the "kid" we
had seen initially, was new and apologized that he was not more thorough
with us.  She has 20+ years experience w/ferts and I feel alot better
knowing this.

Between the two of us, we have determined that since she did so well,
on the amoxi-pred-pain stuff, we would put her back on it.  The new
diagnosis - based on a couple more facts, is that she has chronic
irritable bowel syndrome.  Before I got home yesterday - my youngest
called me all excited.  He said Helena was eating and drinking again and
acting closer to normal.  The vet concurs that she will have "good days"
and "bad days" - and that we have to carefully monitor from here on out.
I don't suppose the cat food she was munchin was doing her tummy much
good.  We are to keep her on the concotions I have made, and add Ensure
to her diet.

Keep her in your prayers and again, my thanks!!

Kimberly Gorman
IT/Telcom Analyst - CSSC
Gap, Inc.