From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 20:58:14 -0500
I heard a person say they would like to have a ferret, but they were illegal
in Jacksonville, Florida.  Is this correct??

We also went to a flea market/animal swap this weekend.  We got there late
and missed all the good stuff, but they still had two ferrets left.  They
looked young(older than pet store age), were really good sized (not whimpy
like my MF ferret), but I noticed even though they were both sables their
coates were really orange.  They kind of looked like they were stained.

This is not the first time I have seen this.  I saw it once before at a
different swap.  They had ferrets there that were about 1 year old and both
the sables and whites were really orange.  My question is why is this?  What
is giving them this orange cast?  Could it be because there living quarters
are unclean and they do not get baths, or because they live outside?  Could
it be because they are not altered?  I was just wondering.

Melinda