From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:15:31 -0700
Hi........ I am new to the list and appreciate the opportunity to be
able to be a part of this list serve.

We were owned by 2 boys until last week when we suddenly without ANY
indication there was a problem.......lost one of the boys.  We are now
going to get a new companion or 2?  for him.  Our Merlin is about 4 years
old and had been with his companion since a baby.  Merlin is having a
hard time coping without his buddy.

For this reason - it was advised that we get him a new mate.

My questions are these........
# 1 ~ We have a chance to adopt a very young female - probably less than
a year old?  She had been with another companion but was separated.  She
does not ap pear to be spayed as of yet....it is not a problem having her
spayed - I have a great ferret vet - just thought I should mention it.

# 2 ~ We can adopt a " bonded pair" of females about 3-4 years of age.
Spayed.  But one is a biter.

# 3 ~ We could adopt all 3??  IF......my husband will go for it!!
lol..... Is there one choice that is the best?  Second?  Third?

With work and love - will a 3-4 year old ferret come around and stop
biting?  I s it possible that it could not get along with ours and bite
and cause harm to o ur Merlin?

The boys came to us as "fosters?" They belonged to a friend that was
having tr ouble meeting their demands.  They came with a terrible potty
habit but I had t hat corrected after the first "marking or accident?"
Keeping their litter boxe s cleaned several times a day did the trick!

We have only had them about 6 months and I knew nothing about ferrets in
the beg inning.  I have researched them to the best of my ability.  This
is why I wanted to be a part of this list serve........to learn more and
get other peoples opin ion and experiences.

Any information that you can provide us with is greatly appreciated!  We
want t he best for our Merlin.........and any new additions that we add
to our family.

Thank you,
"Jumpin Fuzzbutts"