From:
Candy Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 16:35:28 -0500
I recently received two ferrets from a family that is getting stationed
overseas. I currently have three of my own. We had gotten them together
before and let them play together and they were great. The day after
getting them home the new male, Chance, got very aggressive with my
ferrets. I have had to lock the new ones up in the cage when I am not
home, and at times when I am because he is terrorizing mine. I have
tried the bitter apples spray and that only works while it's wet. Once
it dries it does not deter him from attacking mine. He has not drawn
blood yet, but he leaves bruises and teeth marks on the backs of mine.
My ferrets who are normally very quiet are crying out and they usually
will end up peeing or pooping themselves. I am at a complete loss on
what to do. Is there a way to get him to not be this way? He is not
that way with the female that came with him, only my three.