From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 10:15:11 -0500
Melissa and Potpie here,

This is our FIRST official non-anonymous posting now that ferrets in MI
are LEGAL.  I'd like to offer up a huge round of applause and my utter
gratitude to all of those people who contributed to the effort, with such
wonderful results.  The ferret owners and pet store owners that i've
talked to have literally been glowing at the new opportunities to own and
sell - naturally, we all have concerns, but i'm hoping to begin working
with the Great Lakes Ferret Ass'n and Micki Wingate soon on all numbers
of things.  im also hoping to purchase a companion for Potpie once the
flurry dies down (there are waiting lists in some pet stores!), so if i
do, youll all hear stories, im sure...

Well, Potpie had her annual trip to the vet last weekend. We had a new
vet who was rather competent and nice (Dr. Zwick from the Canton Center
Animal Hospital), but after taking samples from her ears to test for
earmites, Potpie was rather less fond of the honorable Dr. than i was.
She was the utter center of attention at the vet's, however - every
person who came into the office simply couldnt resist holding and petting
her.  After the mind-numbing vet experience we went to the pet store,
where she got exactly the same treatment all over again. What a hard life
:)

Obligatory boastful comment: Everyone who met and held her commented on
how sweet and docile and cuddly she was - obviously she was putting on
the best show she could, because she's an utter maelstrom of death and
destruction while she's home. :) But for strangers, she's always Very
Very Very Good, and i was terribly proud of her.  The vet also
complimented me heartily, saying she was an utterly beautiful example of
a ferret, and that the good care given her has shown (shone!) through.
Hopefully this means i'll have her around for much, much longer.

Potpie,
did you see the size of that needle? They stuck a bleedin' turkey baster
into me,
and
Melissa,
utterly proud (and finally out in the open! viva la MI!) mom

      Melissa Litwicki         "It's big, sharp teeth and claws versus
      [log in to unmask]              a mind of questionable wit."