From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 21:14:40 -0500
Jenny, Cosmo, and the Nameless Fert:
How about Nostrdamas?  <G> I once had a rat named Anaxemander.  I figure
it doesn't matter what I name them since they're never going to have to
spell it.

Carpets and digging:
My solution to carpet wear was to buy a $50 6X9 fake persian from Home Depo.
It's attractive enough in my post-student/OPF (other people's furniture)
style, and if it developes a distinctly ferret-rubbed 'personality', I can
replace it cheap.  They actually have some rather nice area rugs!  Not a
natural fiber in them, but the designs are nice.

Medical:
I am planning to adopt a ferret from a shelter near Hamilton.  Because of
Monster's age (4), I am getting a large neutered Hob (hopefully big enough
to hold his own) who has never had a problem with other ferrets.  The
operator has had problems placing this little guy because of (what seems to
me) a small medical problem.  When he was neutered (undecended testicals),
the vet discovered one kidney was emptying into a sack rather that draining
into the bladder.  So, for the last 2 years, he's done well on one kidney.
What kind of problems can I expect with age?  (He's about 2.5-3 yrs now).
I'm happy to give the little guy a home, but am I more likely to need to buy
him his own T-bills for the future than without this problem?  Post direct
if prefered to [log in to unmask]  (My vet is generally good, but not much
ferret-specific knowledge)

Hope all ferrets all well and stealing socks, avacados, RAM, etc. <G>

Megan and Monster.