From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 04:08:24 -0700
Dear Friends,

I am composing this e-mail on a sleepless night as I try to make sense
of the loss of a member of our ferret community and my dear friend,
Kym Zorn - Shelter Mom of Wayward Weasels in Louisville, KY.

Kym passed late last week after a year-long struggle with a seizure
disorder which became increasingly worse over time.

It wasn't long after I moved to Louisville six years ago that I posted
to the FML, looking for someone to care for the 13 shelter ferrets who
relocated to Louisville with me - not your everyday babysitting
request. My plea was soon answered by Kym, who would become not only
my 1st ferret friend in the area, but one of the most treasured friends
in my life.

Kym was the granddaughter of a former Mayor of Louisville & Lt.
Governor of KY. We once knew her as "Kym Zorn, eye in the sky traffic"
who told us how to get to work each day and as Kym, the concierge at
Louisville's historic Brown Hotel, who catered to the stars and could
arrange for tickets to sold-out events, Derby or last minute
reservations.

For me, however, her greatest claim to fame would have to have been
that she possessed one of the largest hearts and most giving spirits
of anyone I've known. No matter what was happening in her life, there
was room for one more ferret, a friend that she wanted you to meet or
an open door to an orphaned possum named Pickle, who was delivered in
a flower pot.

I thank you for warm berry cobbler with ice cream, hugs and a box of
tissue at 1:00 A.M. And for the many, many "wayward weasels" that you
so lovingly cared for and who I am sure greeted you with dooks and
dances as you crossed the bridge. I hope that their greeting was all
that we often speculated it would be!! I will help to care for those
little ones who were in your care when you left.

But most of all, I will speak out for you today and always, to help
others be better than I was at recognizing that even those we are close
to can be adept at covering up pain and are vulnerable to domestic
violence. To be more knowledgeable in recognizing the signs and
connecting the dots when bruises appear and seizure-causing skull
fractures are explained away.

I'm so very thankful that the last year of your life was filled with
the love of a kind and gentle mate and that you are no longer in pain.

We'll miss you Kym.