From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 06:01:15 -0700
I am happy to report that my ferret, Bela, finally has a normal looking
butt again!!!

Her vet tried two different medications and eventually the purse string
stitch. A stool culture was also taken which came back normal. The
prolapse would not go away and was causing Bela distress. I had been
using KY Jelly on the prolapse as per the vet's instructions.

Then I posted on the FML and searched the FHL archives. Preparation H
was recommended by several members and even by Dr Bruce Williams in
the archives. I tried that for several days but in this case, that did
nothing. It looked worse than ever.

Zoo had e-mailed me about using sugar. Frankly it sounded a bit nuts,
but Bela and I were getting desperate. So she got her butt "sugared".
It only took a day and a half of several treatments and prolapse -
gone! I told my vet I was doing this and she approved.

So, after struggling with the prolapse for a month, it was the sugar
that finally worked!

Bela and I send a big THANK YOU to ZOO!!! You saved Bela's butt!

Inge