From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:39:41 -0400
Hi

I had this very scary experience with my ferret, Bean, a few years ago.
He was elderly at the time, and I feared the worst.  The vet said that the
problem was one of two things: a middle/inner ear infection or a stroke.
He sent me home with antibiotics and said to give them a chance to work.
I saw gradual improvement, and he was entirely better a week or so later.
The vet said that either the antibiotics did the trick or he adapted to the
results of the stroke.  He indicated that animals who have a stroke often
learn to compensate.  Please see a vet, and let us all know how things turn
out.

Best wishes,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
http://www.geocities.com/sageferrets