From:
amanda siemens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:15:35 -0500
Havin a bit more trouble with Monty today.  since he wont use the litter
box (who cares!  ferret poop is so easy to clean up) I have to be
extreamly vigilant while he is out of the cage because my son will
imediatly try to poke it (yukky) so I have to be on the ball and clean it
up as soon as it happens.  To do housework that kinda has to be done, I
have monty out for about 20 minutes at a time several times a day (equals
about 3-4 hours a day) plus 2 hours while kid naps, instead of free run
durring the day.  This is only until my son is old enough to understand
we don't play in poo.  Monty does get lots of play time out of the cage.
But as soon as I put him in his cage, he attacks the sides and door!  He
spent the first 5 years of his life in a cage with NO outside play time
(old owners) and I know he's scarred that I won't let him out again, my
heart breaks to see him like that, but I can't have him run free all day
or my son will play in his poop.  He's never in his cage for more than an
hour or two.  He just gets so worked up.  Eventually he calms down and
has a nap (for the first few days we had him he'd immediatly have his nap,
no fuss).  Is there any way I can reassure him that he's not going to be
in there forever!  I'm getting him a much bigger cage at tax time, that
should help.  Would getting him a roommate help too?  Or would they both
do it?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

amanda and Count Monty: Prince of Dookness
"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?  BETTER CHECK YOUR FERRETS HIDEY HOLE!"

http://www.homestead.com/revelationstoday/rev1.html