From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 00:48:35 -0800
    Dear Steven, et. al.

    In my 3 story ferret condo, I cut some thin linoleum to fit the wire
bottom and shelves, and duct taped the edges so it stays put & for safety.
I then got some depends "bed liners" that are like diaper material but cut
in a rectangle.  IT's thick enough that they find it comfortable to sleep
on, and if they miss the litter box, I just roll it up & toss it.  I think
it costs $6.49 at walmart for 18, or some thirty six cents each, not bad for
saved work, cleaner & paper towels.  If your cage is smaller, they also sell
a "chair liner" half the size, & twice as many per bag.

    If you don't use the depends, the linoleum is MUCH easier to clean than
the wire, not to mention more comfortable for them also.

    Mine look so comfortable when sleeping, I wish I could crawl in with
them when I have had a rough day!

     Have fun, Gary

Violence is not strength,  Compassion is not weakness.    From Camelot.