From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:59:32 -0700
Sent a thank-you card to a vet after you've lost the battle and had to
have your baby helped over the bridge?

It's something I've started when there's a case where a wee has fought
a long and hard battle.

I've found that the vets (if they're any good) get almost as involved
as you do, and I can tell you from spending lots of days in the
clinic/shelter, that having to help a ferret over the bridge puts a
damper on the vets day as well.

It's a thoughtful gesture that acknowledges the vet's involvement and
tends to touch them deeply.