From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:50:43 -0700
Does anyone know if there might be a general rule that you might expect
to be followed from state to state for the following situation?:

Owners give 2 ferrets to local Pet Supply store as they no longer want
them.  Pet supply store offers ferrets for sale for $100 including cage.

Pet store has not had ferrets vet checked or vaccinated.  This is one of
those places that sells tons of food & supplies and dabbles in puppies,
kittens & fish.  They don't have a clue about ferrets and have no idea
what diseases they are suceptable to just being in an environment where
everyone brings their pets into all day long.

The last one I took from them was skin & bones & living in a bird cage.
I really had to convince them the ferret was not fit for sale & needed
vet help.  They did not want to give it up though, so I expect more of
a fuss over this pair.

Thanks for your input.

Jerri Carel
The Ferret Haven