From:
Lynn Foster or Chris Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 21:38:14 -0400
Dear FML:

which by the way I found to be a delightful libation (when I lived in the
States).  The beer was originally brewed on the site of a breeding farm for
standardbreds (those are the horses that pull little carts in races) and a
very famous sire at that site was a stud called Old Latrobe (not sure of
the spelling).  If you look on the bottle or can that is his picture.  He
apparently was a great race horse and a very proficient producer of
off-spring so in his honour they graced the bottle with his effigy.

Now the picture that comes to mind is a group of ferrets dragging ferret
size sulkies and racing through tubes to the cheering of thousands in the
stands.  Pass me a beer and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Lynn (up here in Canada with only Canadian beer to consume)